Sunday, November 11, 2007

Day 3 of train adventure in Mumbai!

Some pics taken during rides: While on train from Dahisar I realised that the train I was on, will not be on track to Malad station, my destination for Inorbit Mall for lunch at China Pot where I had previously enjoyed stir-fried chicken noodles.
When I realised this, I was already at Andheri. So I alighted and was rewarded with great pasar malam stalls, miles of it !...so much like Pratunam in Bangkok.
After searching unsuccessfully for Pandirian shoes, I decided to board the train again, this time around asking around for directions and so finally managed to reach Malad. However, Inorbit Mall was nowhere to be found, so boarded the auto rekshaw again. The ride was quite a distance away and it cost Rs25 (just a dollar anyway). After trying on the Nike sensor shoe on the treadmill as I entered the complex, went straight for my Spore-style noodles. Shiok-la with green cut-chilli and red chilli sauce! I was surprised to see the Pandirian shoes in two of the shops here, one was a departmental store selling for Rs399 while the other specialised store charges Rs 1190 ( looks like the same thing but terribly expensive for a pair of slippers).
Went to the cineplex on same floor as the foodcourt and checked ticket pricing for the Hindustani Diwali-released blockbuster, Om Shanti Om - Rs220! Wah !$$#%# more ex! than S'pore. Went over to Hypercity Supermarket and bought corn flour, yes! haha.. you read correctly...corn flour. Even my wife didn't believe this ..haha.. I wanted to try making goreng pisang in the apartment for two reasons - one, I had bought too many bananas and two, the bottle of cooking oil was still half-full. Then I learnt from the information counter staff that the nearest station is Goregon (7mins away, cost Rs17) not Malad; and to think that Inorbit and Hypercity are in Malad!! That explained why it took Rs25 on the rekshaw from Andheri to Inorbit. Then another surprise was in store. From Goregon you cannot simply climb on a train to Dahisar. You have to transfer at Borivali for train to Dahisar! Guess all this is only beneficial to anyone deciding to come to Mumbai SIS...haha

hmm...the goreng pisang turned out very well...thanks to a recipe I had read long ago...it was as good, if not better than those I used to buy at one goreng pisang stall the old Bedok Corner Food Centre.

No comments: