HAPPY DIWALI!!!Today..
... but yesterday was real frustrating - my datacard did not work properly till almost 5pm. Was quite fedup at the way things turned out. Firstly, the data card was 'closed' because of some admin problem in SIS...then when it was restored yesterday, there was intermitten connection....either connected to local area network only or limited access - whatever, it means I cannot connect to the internet!
whew ! Thank goodness, all that is past! It's been working fine and good since yesterday evening. Guess, it's while in Mumbai, one needs to get accustomed to the frequent internet disruptions!
But something good turned out when I'm without internet access! I have learnt to appreciate Hindi music and songs...haha. The past nights without internet access, I had been watching videos after videos and trailers on the movies opening on Friday 9 Nov! I even recorded some of the trailers on my PDA! There's two great blockbusters -"Om Shanti Om" (OSO) and "Saawariya" have great songs, music and dancing! Shah Rukh Khan (SRK)and Deepika Padukone (DP) in OSO are really stunning.
SRK with his 6-pack and DP's beauty, great combination. Mayb I should go watch the movie tomorrow but Times of India reported tickets are nearly sold out by yesterday. Both are neck to neck in the race to be the number one movie of the year!
Was subjected to frequent shocks today - those loud burst of fire crackers! Happy Deepavali lah!! Actually, the indiscriminant firing started since last night but residents are quite considerate as no firings were heard after 10pm....perhaps there's a law here banning firing after 10pm?...I doubt it. Took a walk in the evening to look for bananas.....great Del Monte-like bananas and very cheap too! Went to the area just before
Dahisar Station and the festive mood was all over the market place. Stalls were decorated with Diwali lights. People seem to be in great festive mood, poverty or not.
Right in the middle of the market place smack a sign which says 'St Xavier High School' - an arrow on the sign pointed to the end of a filthy canal but there was no school in sight... hmm...maybe it's further away. Great name for a school but my personal opinion, in an area not befitting its name... perhaps it's a rural school lah.
Anyway got a big bunch of the bananas for Rs25 about a Spore dollar..really cheap lah!
Oh no!! A blackout while I am typing............wait, got to look for my torch.... alamak ! the lights come on again....aiyah, just like the internet connection lah....that's Mumbai for you...hahaha!!! Thank God, the lights came on immediately or else i would have to spend time in darkness as there is no one to call - all SIS people have gone back to their "kampong" for the Diwali break. When I first arrived, there were also blackouts on a few occasions and I had to call Sukriti or Siddarth from SIS to come over to take a look and they got power restored quickly. But I understand that to be an internal wiring problem, unlike this present blackout which is area-wide because it was also darkness outside.
Ok it's midnight now and I have better to paste this into MSWord for BoonLong before another blackout comes along....haha...
... but yesterday was real frustrating - my datacard did not work properly till almost 5pm. Was quite fedup at the way things turned out. Firstly, the data card was 'closed' because of some admin problem in SIS...then when it was restored yesterday, there was intermitten connection....either connected to local area network only or limited access - whatever, it means I cannot connect to the internet!
whew ! Thank goodness, all that is past! It's been working fine and good since yesterday evening. Guess, it's while in Mumbai, one needs to get accustomed to the frequent internet disruptions!
But something good turned out when I'm without internet access! I have learnt to appreciate Hindi music and songs...haha. The past nights without internet access, I had been watching videos after videos and trailers on the movies opening on Friday 9 Nov! I even recorded some of the trailers on my PDA! There's two great blockbusters -"Om Shanti Om" (OSO) and "Saawariya" have great songs, music and dancing! Shah Rukh Khan (SRK)and Deepika Padukone (DP) in OSO are really stunning.
SRK with his 6-pack and DP's beauty, great combination. Mayb I should go watch the movie tomorrow but Times of India reported tickets are nearly sold out by yesterday. Both are neck to neck in the race to be the number one movie of the year!Was subjected to frequent shocks today - those loud burst of fire crackers! Happy Deepavali lah!! Actually, the indiscriminant firing started since last night but residents are quite considerate as no firings were heard after 10pm....perhaps there's a law here banning firing after 10pm?...I doubt it. Took a walk in the evening to look for bananas.....great Del Monte-like bananas and very cheap too! Went to the area just before
Right in the middle of the market place smack a sign which says 'St Xavier High School' - an arrow on the sign pointed to the end of a filthy canal but there was no school in sight... hmm...maybe it's further away. Great name for a school but my personal opinion, in an area not befitting its name... perhaps it's a rural school lah.
Anyway got a big bunch of the bananas for Rs25 about a Spore dollar..really cheap lah!
Oh no!! A blackout while I am typing............wait, got to look for my torch.... alamak ! the lights come on again....aiyah, just like the internet connection lah....that's Mumbai for you...hahaha!!! Thank God, the lights came on immediately or else i would have to spend time in darkness as there is no one to call - all SIS people have gone back to their "kampong" for the Diwali break. When I first arrived, there were also blackouts on a few occasions and I had to call Sukriti or Siddarth from SIS to come over to take a look and they got power restored quickly. But I understand that to be an internal wiring problem, unlike this present blackout which is area-wide because it was also darkness outside.
Ok it's midnight now and I have better to paste this into MSWord for BoonLong before another blackout comes along....haha...
No comments:
Post a Comment