Managed to chat with "Liu Tai Tai" before she left for Grand Copthorne to meet Boon Long and Mullick Sharonee. Was told by Marcus on msn that she will be driving there in heavy rain... .. alamak! Then got sms that she has reached Robertson100, parked the car and waited for rain to stop before walking to the hotel. So my Tai Tai has met up with Sharonee. Thanks to Boon Long!
Took an exercise walk in the other direction towards Borivali after lunch. The route was strewn with run-down shops where people conduct businesses. There is a row of shops dealing with marble slabs, many shops engaging in repair of buses, lorries and motor rickshaws. Although the area looks dilapidated, the people were generally happy going about their businesses. I do get the occasional stares here and there (what's a china man doing in a place like Mumbai haha!) I managed to cross the highway the Mumbian way...just simply walk across like you are a vehicle and the real vehicles will negotiate past you....frankly I got the scare of my life!!! Phew! I dont think I will ever do that again but you see it being done and no one got grazed not to mention get knocked down...surprise!
Ok, now I want to write about what I had learnt about TOK....not the TOK, TOK mee-pok man selling noodles of a bygone era in Singapore...but Theory Of Knowledge...a subject all Year 11 students at SIS must take for 2 years ( like Knowledge and Inquiry and General Paper taken by our JC students). Click on Theory of Knowledge on the right to learn more.
No comments:
Post a Comment