Today I also received Mr Sin's email reply that we could start a twinning programme with Singapore international school in Mumbai! What an auspicious day it must be! The arrival of our Thai partner school in Greenview coincides with the birth of another twinning programme with our next partner school, SIS, Mumbai. I certainly hope SIS, Mumbai would be able to travel to Greenview in Singapore sometime next year and Greenview could also make a trip here with 20 students and 2 teachers. I have sent to Mr Nilesh, CEO and Founder of SIS, Mumbai and the Head of School, Mr Suparman Adam, a copy of Greenview-SKN visiting and hosting programmes for their study. I look forward to come back to SIS, Mumbai again on an exchange programme as early as 2008.
A meeting was held to run through the programme for this Sunday's Open House to be followed by 3 days of Harry Potter activities to be coordinated by a team specifically flown from Singapore. Dr Vanitha and I will be speaking to parents of SIS students on The Singapore Education Experience. It would be a real learning experience for me to address a group of mainly Indian nationals in Mumbai on Singapore education. My focus will be on the MOE's Teach Less, Learn More initiative. I may also speak on how Greenview carried out the IDPW programme as a follow-up to Dr Vanitha's talk on this.
2 comments:
Wow ! dats a lot of achievement ! good work !
I am in the process of choosing a school for my kids presently studying in UK. I find your blog very useful, since i am able to get a good feel of the way SIS operates.
Post a Comment