Greenviewan graduates, see below the messsage I posted last night
Quite an achievement today...managed to hand-hold SIS teachers individually on the papers they have set. All had proper cover page and they were well typed out. All the Maths and Science teachers had reverted to use of the MS Equation Editor to edit their questions set. The teachers had shown professionalism and care in the questions drawn up in their papers. I dare say SIS examination paper format is now in place and will take pride in its annals in years to come.
Also principal, John had adopted my suggestion that the exam papers after printing are kept in envelopes, labelled (Name of Setter, paper, Year, Date of Exam), sealed and kept in the principal's office under lock and key for safe keeping and secrecy. Yes, exam procedures had been put in place...yes, some semblance to Greenview exam committee procedures, or for that matter, procedures adopted for any typical Singapore school for exams.
There was a surprise item in the lunch menu today - Singapore noodles! Although it does not contain any meat ingredients, the noodles was well prepared and I dare say it is comparable, if not better, than the one I had eaten at the Inorbit Complex food court. There was that smell of Hokkien mee with lots of vegetables. With tomato ketchup and Tabasco chilli sauce, it was real yummy...believe it or not, I had 3 big helpings! Never had I eaten so much at lunch in Mumbai. I got the uneasy feeling that the Indian teachers and students see my appetite as simply outrageous. What to do, this is our local fare in Mumbai! Cannot help, lah! As if that was not enough, big and crispy triangular-shaped samosas were served at tea break. Add ketchup and tabasco, it was simply delectic. Then I was brought back to reality when dinner came. It was the usual veggy affair but who cares, I already had my fill in the day!
Yes, today was the best day in SIS - exam procedures in place, yummy food, great day!
No comments:
Post a Comment