A piece of good news for all Greenviewans! CEO of SIS has tentatively agreed to send 20 SISites to GVSS in 2008. I shall plan the programme with the Head of School, along the lines of our twinning programme with Suankularb in Thailand. So Sec 1 and 2s who are reading this and wish to join in this twinning with SIS, Mumbai....start saving now! You may have to fork out quite a sum if your MOE subsidy is small.
I have also started to write my first draft report on this attachment for MOE. I kept writing on and on and it's almost half done. I planned to complete this before taking my flight home as once back in Singapore, it will be back to reality.....100% workout..in school lah. There is the school's strategic planning at the SMC Retreat, School Cockpit roll-over tasks, staff deployment for 2008, Sec One orientation and registration, wa...no end lah... AWOL in Mumbai? Haha..no way man! Singapore is still my greatest place on Earth, believe me! Having visited so many countries, there is no place like my sunny, beautiful, sweet-smelling and super-clean Singapura, The Lion City! Alamak, I think I am going nuts.....Seriously, I don't mind coming back to SIS, Mumbai bcos' I think it's a great institution to work in - the owners of SIS, the teaching and non-teaching staff and of course the lovable students from Kindergarten to IB students...they are all simply a joy to be with. They brighten up your day, so to speak. I will write more about this just before I leave in three weeks' time. Lots of post-exam activities have been planned for next week.
For the PD and MD classes, there is the Harry Porter Week, where students will take part in some 'magic' as well. MD students and above will participate in a Rangoli Competition and taking part in a traditional ethnic design competition and a Poster painting Competition in preparation for Deepavali. And the theme of the competition? FESTIVAL OF LIGHTS ! .... my suggestion was adopted ....wow! There is also the Diya Decoration and Flower Rangoli decoration for the PD classes. Then on Friday, there is a cricket match between staff and students! I am definitely going to be in this event although I know nothing about cricket! Softball, anyone?
Infact post-exam starts tomorrow, Sunday! All parents have been invited for an Open House and I will be making a presentation on The Singapore Education experience together with Dr Vanitha Saravanan from NIE, who is also on attachment at SIS. She will speak on the IPW project while I will focus on curricular, co-curricular and other programmes with TSLN, I&E and TLLM as the backbone of my presentation - had spent the whole of last night and this morning preparing the slides...haha. And then after lunch, took my usual two-hour walk through the streets of Mumbai...amazing ! ..you'll never feel a dull moment watching those people and traffic manoevering and avoiding each other through the constant bottle-necks and jams.
Three cheers to Mumbai! Hip, hip, hooray! (3 x)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment