Wednesday, October 10, 2007

A number of Mathematics teachers were away today and I took the opportunity to do some revision work with the Year 7 and 8 classes. Gave the classes questions from Greenview's 2005 mid-year papers! Yes, Secondary 4 people reading this, note - you did this paper when you were in Sec 2 and Sec 3 people, you were in Sec 1 then when you did this paper for the mid-year examinations. Yes, the Indian students find them tough! So those who did well then, you must be proud of your math capability...hahaha.

Photo-taking continued today. The photographers came to the IB class and snap away. Chander and I were there for their Mathematics lesson. Yes, these were mock-ups but then both of us have been teaching these IB students day in, day out and we were all at home even with the cameras around. The students were angels really, participating actively in the shoot out.

I conducted a training session on the use of Microsoft equation editor for the Middle Division teachers. They are in the midst of setting the CA exam papers and I had arranged for this training as I felt that some professionalism and style needs to be put in place in SIS exam papers. And indeed was I satisfied! From all the Maths and Science teachers' reaction and questions, I can sense that they were very appreciative that I showed them the MS Equation Editor, like they have found a new toy to play with!

Also, I took this opportunity to impress on the teachers that the quality of the exam paper will definitely reflect on the standard and quality of the education we deliver here in SIS Mumbai. All papers, just like our Greenview papers, or for that matter, all exam papers set by Singapore teachers, will have a standard cover page with the school masthead on top , followed by name of exam , year, name, class and instructions for candidates. Some had already followed this as I had provided them with guidelines and sample papers from Greenview earlier.

No comments: